2. Mayer, Marianna and Craft, K.Y. (1998). Pegasus. New York: Morrow Junior Books.
3. This book is about the story of Bellerophon and Pegasus. Bellerophon was a mightly warrior. He was asked by his king to slay the Chimera and save the kingdom. All others who attempted this had perished. Bellerophon agreed. He went to a soothsayer for advice. The soothsayer told him that he would only win with the help of Pegasus. A women came to him in a dream and gave him the tools that he needed to be able to befriend Pegasus. They win the battle together and Bellerophon marries the kings daughter.
4. Fantasy, Myths, Gods
5. Grade 3- Grade 5
6. Readers who like myths, Gods, Goddesses, or tales of good vs. evil will like this book.
7. 3; I thought the illustrations were terrific. The story was a little detailed and long though.
8. Have you ever heard of Pegasus?
Reading Strategy: A prereading plan would be good for this book. To look at some other stories about Pegasus to compare to this book or prepare the students to read it. To talk about what they already know about Pegasus would also be helpful.